Fit and Healthy


(Source)

While this may not appear immediately to be wedding related, it is!

I'm going to be competing in a 5K, "Dog Run Dog," the weekend before our wedding!
You can visit the website for the Norwich race here.

Why a 5K?

Many of you know I have lost about six dress sizes. When I started Weight Watchers, I wore a size 26 jeans and a size 24 shirt. Now, I wear either a 16W or a 16-regular depending on the store.

My weight-loss stalled (and later ended) during the stress of my first year teaching. I've been complacent and, well, lazy. :)

Weight Watchers recently launched the "Walk It" campaign, working with Active.com, to encourage members to train for a 5K. Participants receive small goodies--a magazine subscription and a silver sneaker charm--and a free interactive eight-week training guide.

In addition, my good friend Emily has committed herself to a June 5K in Burlington, VT. We were already WW buddies, and now we are Training buddies as well.

I've thrown myself into training. I biked nineteen miles today, a personal best. I've roped Christopher into walking a few miles with me each night. He's endlessly supportive.

I want to feel healthy, strong, and fit at our wedding. While I do not want to be one of those "crash diet brides," I do want to be the most beautiful version of me at our wedding.

0 comments: