To Do: April and May

I belong to The Knot, a popular website and magazine for "modern" and "hip" brides. It's a fairly helpful website. I purchased The Knot Book of Wedding Lists after a recent trip to the Chester town bookstore.

The Knot provides an enormous "To Do" List for brides and their families as they plan a wedding. It has helped the entire process feel less daunting: I can divide tasks into manageable monthly lists.

As I update friends and family on the planning I've already tackled, I hear a common refrain: "You've got so much done! You're so ahead of the game." The credit goes to my Stage Management experience and those fabulous The Knot lists. Their schedule allows the last two months before the wedding date to be as relaxing as possible. I'd much rather get planning finished now, crafts finished, and vendors paid well in advance.

To Do: April/May

Meet with Rev. Telos in April to finish membership orientation.

Visit Chris's family in Massachusetts in late April and craft our paper goods with the Warren women. I'll be able to visit with Chris's step-mom, grandma, and aunts. Fun!

Chris and I join as members of First Parish Unitarian Universalist in early May.

Attend my Bridal Shower in Massachusetts in mid-May: what fun!

* * * * * * * *

Finalize the guest list. Send guest additions to Agnes, the calligrapher.

Compile packages for out-of-town guests with hotel reservation and city information, and print/craft to include with invitations.

Compile invitations. Order lots of gluedots and borrow papercutters. Print inserts at Kinkos.

Chris should decide on his attire. Research locations in MA, VT, or NH to find his suit.

Ask Chris to go to a formal wear shop to be measured.

Ask Chris to think about any accessories we will need for the fathers: ties? bowties?

Finalize our wedding favors: most likely something practical but pretty.

Confirm delivery date for my gown and schedule fittings.

Buy a poofy underskirt and the lingerie my gown requires in time for first fittings.

Think about who we would want to do special performances or readings as part of the ceremony.

0 comments: