The Beach!

Chris and I returned this afternoon from our Massachusetts mini-vacation.

I am *very* thankful Mark and Margaret arranged a spur-of-the-moment "family day" and took us to Revere Beach. Known as "the oldest public beach," Revere Beach is a fun place to spend a sunny afternoon. Or a sunny morning. Or a whole day.


Bostonians are so lucky. They can live in the city--or, like Chris's parents, live just outside of the city--and be at the beach in twenty minutes.


After we ate lunch, walked the beach, got our toes wet, laughed


watched Benjamin explore, and took a hundred photos, I was treated to a quick tour of East Boston.

I've heard Chris share his memories of his old neighborhood, and it was good to be able to see the neighborhood. :) It is fun to see the similarities between our fathers: if I'm driving with my Dad through Philly, he always dips back into the "old neighborhood" to point out the homes my grandparents lived in, his favorite spots, and other landmarks. :)

Last, we stopped by the USS Constitution Museum. I could spend *hours* there. I've always loved military history. So cool! I knew we were all sort of fading (especially Ben), so I didn't rush right into the muesum. Chris and I will have to steal Margaret to get a tour before winter.

I forgot to mention-- Chris went with his Dad to get a suit for the wedding! They went shopping before we all went out to the beach and harbor. Chris felt really confident in his suit, and why wouldn't he? He's so handsome.

0 comments: