Pennsylvania!

Christopher and I got home from Pennsylvania earlier today.

What a joyful, humbling, and whirlwind weekend! My Aunt Marykathryn and Grandmom Donaghy threw me a Bridal Shower in my Aunt MK and Uncle Sean's lovely home! I had known they were planning a small family party, but I was still totally in awe of the lovely party they threw in my honor.


There were homemade wraps (yum!), sandwich fixings, so many options of salad, and tasty appetizers. Most importantly, there were mini Philly pretzel bites and Yuengling-- something I've missed so much! My family and I enjoyed a tasty supper, excellent company, lots of laughter, and a pound cake decorated to match our wedding colors.



We were able to get a ton of great family photos because the men of my life were invited: my Dad, my PopPop, my brother Eric, my stepfather George, and--of course--Chris. :)


We also had other fabulous party guests! My cousin's Katie and Kerri attended with their mother, Donna. Katie is my cousin closest to my own age, and we used to work together in summer camps during our early 20s. It was great fun to jump into the details of the wedding, and chat their ears off during the party.

Also, in a great surprise, my mother's oldest friend Peggy attended! Peggy used to be our neighbor when I was a small girl, and my mother and Peggy have stayed close ever since. It's great to know my Mom has had Peggy's love and support for all of these years. She gave us some great Greek travel guides, and I will be blogging about them shortly.

It was such a shame, but we had to leave Pennsylvania very early Monday morning. We had a fabulous time staying with my dear friend Brittany Saturday night, and we had hoped to see my high school friends again on Sunday night but we had to leave so early to beat the traffic and the heat. Hold fast, Tani! We'll see you at our wedding in FORTY DAYS! :)

0 comments: