Roadtrips!


(I don't think Chris has ever been to Love Park. I must rectify this situation).

I have twelve days left of "summer." How unreal. I have twelve days until I have to be back at work full-time, and I have just twenty days until school starts again in Vermont. Those poor kids.

Our goal for the next two weeks is to try and squeeze in as much summer vacation as we can.

We will be visiting Mark, Margaret and Benjamin this weekend in Massachusetts. It is a surprising quick 2.5 hour trip down, and we're so looking forward to visiting! Kimberly and Michael will be visiting as well, and I anticipate a fun trip for Benjamin and 4 large playmates to the local pool. The weather is supposed to be lovely on Saturday!

We will be visiting Pennsylvania the following weekend. We'll get into Philly around 11pm on Friday evening. I hope to spend Saturday with my Dad and the Donaghys, Saturday night seeing a film with my Doylestown friends, and Sunday with my Mom and George. We'll wrap up by getting breakfast with my friends on Monday morning, and driving back to Vermont Monday night.

I am pretty sure there is some sort of "Woo-hoo, you're getting married" party planned, but I don't want to push for too many details. :)

I'm bringing down an ENORMOUS box of wedding-related things, a hefty pile of wedding-related photographs, and some DIY paper-craft projects to Pennsylvania.

I truely value the opinion of my parents, my family, and friends. It has been difficult planning such a joyous and sacred event so far away from my family, and I want to involve as many of my family members as I can. It has been difficult living in Vermont; my family reads about updates in my life, hears updates on the phone, but it is not the same as being able to experience life together. I'm so blessed to know, through those fun RSVP cards, that many of my family members and close friends will be travelling to Vermont to share in our wedding day!

0 comments: